Here’s a work around for buying a Kindle edition of a book that’s only available in the US through Amazon, in 5 easy steps:
- 1. Download Hotspot Shield for free and install it. Windows and Mac versions available.
- 2. Delete all cookies on your computer and restart your browser.
- 3. Turn on Hotspot shield. This will make Amazon think your computer is in the United States by giving you a US IP address.
- 4. Log into Amazon and change your address to a US address. A fake one is fine for our purposes.
- 5. Buy the Kindle edition of the book that you want. You’re done!
Huge hat tip to Nick Broadhurst! Nick is in Australia and bought Tim Ferriss’s The 4-Hour Body using the above method. I wanted to share this method so that anyone outside the US can get a US-only version of any Kindle book. Thanks!
Did you try this? Have any additional information to share? Please put your comments and experiences below.
Did you enjoy this article? Please subscribe to my feed to receive FREE updates via RSS or Email.