Nginx 1.11.13 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit builds) are now available for free download. As always, packages are built from the upstream mainline branch. Nginx (pronounced “engine x”) is a high performance web server, caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of web sites on the Internet use and benefit from Nginx because of its extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility, and security.
On 2017-04-04, the mainline version of Nginx 1.11.13 was released at nginx.org. The upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.11.13 – 04 Apr 2017
- ) Feature: the “http_429” parameter of the “proxy_next_upstream”, “fastcgi_next_upstream”, “scgi_next_upstream”, and “uwsgi_next_upstream” directives. Thanks to Piotr Sikora.
- ) Bugfix: in memory allocation error handling.
- ) Bugfix: requests might hang when using the “sendfile” and “timer_resolution” directives on Linux.
- ) Bugfix: requests might hang when using the “sendfile” and “aio_write” directives with subrequests.
- ) Bugfix: in the ngx_http_v2_module. Thanks to Piotr Sikora.
- ) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process when using HTTP/2.
- ) Bugfix: requests might hang when using the “limit_rate”, “sendfile_max_chunk”, “limit_req” directives, or the $r->sleep() embedded perl method with subrequests.
- ) Bugfix: in the ngx_http_slice_module.
These Windows install files are provided to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Before nginx.org starting providing native Windows packages, these were the only way to run Nginx on Windows. Now, official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org. Please use those if you are new to Nginx on Windows. Once again, they are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. The answers may help you. If you have other questions that are not on the FAQ, please feel free to ask, or leave a comment, below. Thank you.
The Nginx Bundle for Windows is an easy to set up and easy to use software package consisting of Nginx, MariaDB, and PHP for the Microsoft Windows platform.