Nginx 1.11.2 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit builds) are now available for free download. As always, packages are built from the upstream mainline branch. Nginx (pronounced “engine x”) is a high performance web server, caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of web sites on the Internet use and benefit from Nginx because of its extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility, and security.
On 2016-07-05, the mainline version of Nginx 1.11.2 was released at nginx.org. The upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.11.2 — 05 Jul 2016
- ) Change: now nginx always uses internal MD5 and SHA1 implementations; the –with-md5 and –with-sha1 configure options were canceled.
- ) Feature: variables support in the stream module.
- ) Feature: the ngx_stream_map_module.
- ) Feature: the ngx_stream_return_module.
- ) Feature: a port can be specified in the “proxy_bind”, “fastcgi_bind”, “memcached_bind”, “scgi_bind”, and “uwsgi_bind” directives.
- ) Feature: now nginx uses the IP_BIND_ADDRESS_NO_PORT socket option when available.
- ) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process when using HTTP/2 and the “proxy_request_buffering” directive.
- ) Bugfix: the “Content-Length” request header line was always added to requests passed to backends, including requests without body, when using HTTP/2.
- ) Bugfix: “http request count is zero” alerts might appear in logs when using HTTP/2.
- ) Bugfix: unnecessary buffering might occur when using the “sub_filter” directive; the issue had appeared in 1.9.4.
These Windows install files are provided to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Before nginx.org starting providing native Windows packages, these were the only way to run Nginx on Windows. Now, official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org. Please use those if you are new to Nginx on Windows. Once again, they are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. The answers may help you. If you have other questions that are not on the FAQ, please feel free to ask, or leave a comment, below. Thank you.
The Nginx Bundle for Windows is an easy to set up and easy to use software package consisting of Nginx, MariaDB, and PHP for the Microsoft Windows platform.