Nginx 1.11.4 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit builds) are now available for free download. As always, packages are built from the upstream mainline branch. Nginx (pronounced “engine x”) is a high performance web server, caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of web sites on the Internet use and benefit from Nginx because of its extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility, and security.
On 2016-09-13, the mainline version of Nginx 1.11.4 was released at nginx.org. The upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.11.4 — 13 Sep 2016
- ) Feature: the $upstream_bytes_received variable.
- ) Feature: the $bytes_received, $session_time, $protocol, $status, $upstream_addr, $upstream_bytes_sent, $upstream_bytes_received, $upstream_connect_time, $upstream_first_byte_time, and $upstream_session_time variables in the stream module.
- ) Feature: the ngx_stream_log_module.
- ) Feature: the “proxy_protocol” parameter of the “listen” directive, the $proxy_protocol_addr and $proxy_protocol_port variables in the stream module.
- ) Feature: the ngx_stream_realip_module.
- ) Bugfix: nginx could not be built with the stream module and the ngx_http_ssl_module, but without ngx_stream_ssl_module; the bug had appeared in 1.11.3.
- ) Feature: the IP_BIND_ADDRESS_NO_PORT socket option was not used; the bug had appeared in 1.11.2.
- ) Bugfix: in the “ranges” parameter of the “geo” directive.
- ) Bugfix: an incorrect response might be returned when using the “aio threads” and “sendfile” directives; the bug had appeared in 1.9.13.
These Windows install files are provided to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Before nginx.org starting providing native Windows packages, these were the only way to run Nginx on Windows. Now, official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org. Please use those if you are new to Nginx on Windows. Once again, they are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. The answers may help you. If you have other questions that are not on the FAQ, please feel free to ask, or leave a comment, below. Thank you.
The Nginx Bundle for Windows is an easy to set up and easy to use software package consisting of Nginx, MariaDB, and PHP for the Microsoft Windows platform.