Nginx 1.13.1 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit builds) are now available for free download. As always, packages are built from the upstream mainline branch. Nginx (pronounced “engine x”) is a high performance web server, caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of web sites on the Internet use and benefit from Nginx because of its extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility, and security.
On 2017-05-30, the mainline version of Nginx 1.13.1 was released at nginx.org. The upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.13.1 – 30 May 2017
- ) Feature: now a hostname can be used as the “set_real_ip_from” directive parameter.
- ) Feature: vim syntax highlighting scripts improvements.
- ) Feature: the “worker_cpu_affinity” directive now works on DragonFly BSD. Thanks to Sepherosa Ziehau.
- ) Bugfix: SSL renegotiation on backend connections did not work when using OpenSSL before 1.1.0.
- ) Workaround: nginx could not be built with Oracle Developer Studio 12.5.
- ) Workaround: now cache manager ignores long locked cache entries when cleaning cache based on the “max_size” parameter.
- ) Bugfix: client SSL connections were immediately closed if deferred accept and the “proxy_protocol” parameter of the “listen” directive were used.
- ) Bugfix: in the “proxy_cache_background_update” directive.
- ) Workaround: now the “tcp_nodelay” directive sets the TCP_NODELAY option before an SSL handshake.
These Windows install files are provided to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Before nginx.org starting providing native Windows packages, these were the only way to run Nginx on Windows. Now, official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org. Please use those if you are new to Nginx on Windows. Once again, they are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. The answers may help you. If you have other questions that are not on the FAQ, please feel free to ask, or leave a comment, below. Thank you.
The Nginx Bundle for Windows is an easy to set up and easy to use software package consisting of Nginx, MariaDB, and PHP for the Microsoft Windows platform.