Nginx 1.17.9 32-bit and 64-bit builds for Windows are now available for free download.
As usual, packages were built using the upstream stable branch’s source code. “Engine x” is a high performance web server. It is also a caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of websites on the Internet use and benefit from Nginx while offering extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility, and security.
On 03 March 2020, the stable version of Nginx 1.17.9, was released at nginx.org. Also, the upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.17.9 – 03 Mar 2020
- ) Change: now nginx does not allow several “Host” request header lines.
- ) Bugfix: nginx ignored additional “Transfer-Encoding” request header lines.
- ) Bug fix: socket leak when using HTTP/2.
- ) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process if OCSP stapling was used.
- ) Bug fix: in the ngx_http_mp4_module.
- ) Bugfix: nginx used status code 494 instead of 400 if errors with code 494 were redirected with the “error_page” directive.
- ) Bug fix: socket leak when using subrequests in the njs module and the “aio” directive.
Due to the build process, these Windows install files are provided to support legacy users. In other words, those who still use the Cygwin based builds. I started building long before official builds became available. Initially there was no other way to run on Windows.
But now, official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org. So please use the official builds if you are new to Nginx on Windows. Once again, they are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Consequently, you may Download Nginx 1.17.9 for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit versions) here.
Furthermore, please check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions.
The questions are updated continually as they are received. Therefore, the answers may help you. Additionally, if you have other questions that are not on the FAQ please feel free to ask or leave a comment below.
In conclusion, I always welcome and appreciate your feedback for improvements and enhancements. Thank you.