Nginx 1.2.2 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit builds) are now available for free download. As usual, packages are built from the upstream stable branch. Nginx (pronounced “engine x”) is a high performance web server, caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of web sites on the Internet benefit from using Nginx because of its extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility and security.
On 2012-07-03, the stable version of Nginx 1.2.2 was released at nginx.org. The upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.2.2 03 Jul 2012
- ) Change: the “single” parameter of the “keepalive” directive is now
- ) Change: SSL compression is now disabled when using all versions of
OpenSSL, including ones prior to 1.0.0.
- ) Feature: the “proxy_pass”, “fastcgi_pass”, “scgi_pass”, “uwsgi_pass”
directives, and the “server” directive inside the “upstream” block,
now support IPv6 addresses.
- ) Feature: the “resolver” directive now supports IPv6 addresses and an
optional port specification.
- ) Feature: the “least_conn” directive inside the “upstream” block.
- ) Feature: it is now possible to specify a weight for servers while
using the “ip_hash” directive.
- ) Feature: it is now possible to use the “ip_hash” directive to balance
- ) Feature: the $status variable can now be used not only in the
- ) Bugfix: nginx could not be built with ngx_cpp_test_module; the bug
had appeared in 1.1.12.
- ) Bugfix: access to variables from SSI and embedded perl module might
not work after reconfiguration.
Thanks to Yichun Zhang.
- ) Bugfix: in the ngx_http_xslt_filter_module.
Thanks to Kuramoto Eiji.
- ) Bugfix: memory leak if $geoip_org variable was used.
Thanks to Denis F. Latypoff.
- ) Bugfix: in the “proxy_cookie_domain” and “proxy_cookie_path”
- ) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process on
shutdown if the “resolver” directive was used.
- ) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process if the
ngx_http_mp4_module was used.
- ) Bugfix: in the ngx_http_mp4_module.
- ) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process if
conflicting wildcard server names were used.
- ) Bugfix: nginx might be terminated abnormally on a SIGBUS signal on
- ) Bugfix: an alert “sendmsg() failed (9: Bad file number)” on HP-UX
These Windows setup files are provided to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org.
If you are new to Nginx on Windows, please use the official native Windows builds which are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. The answers may help you. Please feel free to ask other questions or or leave a comment below. Thank you.