My apologies for the delay of this release of Nginx for Windows (Cygwin edition). Hurricane Irene caused widespread power outages where I live, and I was unable to build Nginx version 1.0.6 for Windows until just a few moments ago. Thanks for your patience, and I hope you enjoy this release! The details are below.
On 2011-08-29, the stable version of Nginx 1.0.6 was been released at nginx.org. The upstream changes are as follows:
- ) Feature: cache loader run time decrease.
- ) Feature: loading time decrease of configuration with large number of HTTPS sites.
- ) Feature: now nginx supports ECDHE key exchange ciphers. Thanks to Adrian Kotelba.
- ) Feature: the “lingering_close” directive.
- ) Feature: now shared zones and caches use POSIX semaphores on Solaris. Thanks to Den Ivanov.
- ) Bugfix: nginx could not be built on Linux 3.0.
- ) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process if “fastcgi/scgi/uwsgi_param” directives were used with values starting with “HTTP_”; the bug had appeared in 0.8.40.
- ) Bugfix: in closing connection for pipelined requests.
- ) Bugfix: nginx did not disable gzipping if client sent “gzip;q=0” in “Accept-Encoding” request header line.
- ) Bugfix: in timeout in unbuffered proxied mode.
- ) Bugfix: memory leaks when a “proxy_pass” directive contains variables and proxies to an HTTPS backend.
- ) Bugfix: in parameter validaiton of a “proxy_pass” directive with variables. Thanks to Lanshun Zhou.
- ) Bugfix: SSL did not work on QNX.
- ) Bugfix: SSL modules could not be built by gcc 4.6 without –with-debug option.
These builds were built to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org.
If you would like to ask a question or if you have feedback, please leave a comment below.