Nginx 1.11.7 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit builds) are now available for free download. As always, packages are built from the upstream mainline branch. Nginx (pronounced “engine x”) is a high performance web server, caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of web sites on the Internet use and benefit from Nginx because of its extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility, and security.
On 2016-12-13, the mainline version of Nginx 1.11.7 was released at nginx.org. The upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.11.7 13 Dec 2016
- ) Change: now in case of a client certificate verification error the $ssl_client_verify variable contains a string with the failure reason, for example, “FAILED:certificate has expired”.
- ) Feature: the $ssl_ciphers, $ssl_curves, $ssl_client_v_start, $ssl_client_v_end, and $ssl_client_v_remain variables.
- ) Feature: the “volatile” parameter of the “map” directive.
- ) Bugfix: dependencies specified for a module were ignored while building dynamic modules.
- ) Bugfix: when using HTTP/2 and the “limit_req” or “auth_request” directives client request body might be corrupted; the bug had appeared in 1.11.0.
- ) Bugfix: a segmentation fault might occur in a worker process when using HTTP/2; the bug had appeared in 1.11.3.
- ) Bugfix: in the ngx_http_mp4_module. Thanks to Congcong Hu.
- ) Bugfix: in the ngx_http_perl_module.
These Windows install files are provided to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Before nginx.org starting providing native Windows packages, these were the only way to run Nginx on Windows. Now, official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org. Please use those if you are new to Nginx on Windows. Once again, they are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. The answers may help you. If you have other questions that are not on the FAQ, please feel free to ask, or leave a comment, below. Thank you.
The Nginx Bundle for Windows is an easy to set up and easy to use software package consisting of Nginx, MariaDB, and PHP for the Microsoft Windows platform.