Nginx 1.11.8 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit builds) are now available for free download. As always, packages are built from the upstream mainline branch. Nginx (pronounced “engine x”) is a high performance web server, caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of web sites on the Internet use and benefit from Nginx because of its extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility, and security.
On 2016-12-27, the mainline version of Nginx 1.11.8 was released at nginx.org. The upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.11.8 27 Dec 2016
- ) Feature: the “absolute_redirect” directive.
- ) Feature: the “escape” parameter of the “log_format” directive.
- ) Feature: client SSL certificates verification in the stream module.
- ) Feature: the “ssl_session_ticket_key” directive supports AES256 encryption of TLS session tickets when used with 80-byte keys.
- ) Feature: vim-commentary support in vim scripts. Thanks to Armin Grodon.
- ) Bugfix: recursion when evaluating variables was not limited.
- ) Bugfix: in the ngx_stream_ssl_preread_module.
- ) Bugfix: if a server in an upstream in the stream module failed, it was considered alive only when a test connection sent to it after fail_timeout was closed; now a successfully established connection is enough.
- ) Bugfix: nginx/Windows could not be built with 64-bit Visual Studio.
- ) Bugfix: nginx/Windows could not be built with OpenSSL 1.1.0.
These Windows install files are provided to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Before nginx.org starting providing native Windows packages, these were the only way to run Nginx on Windows. Now, official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org. Please use those if you are new to Nginx on Windows. Once again, they are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. The answers may help you. If you have other questions that are not on the FAQ, please feel free to ask, or leave a comment, below. Thank you.
The Nginx Bundle for Windows is an easy to set up and easy to use software package consisting of Nginx, MariaDB, and PHP for the Microsoft Windows platform.