Nginx 1.9.12 for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit builds) are now available for free download. As always, packages are built from the upstream mainline branch. Nginx (pronounced “engine x”) is a high performance web server, caching proxy and a Layer 7 load balancing solution. Millions of web sites on the Internet use and benefit from Nginx because of its extreme performance, scalability, reliability, flexibility, and security.
On 2016-02-24, the mainline version of Nginx 1.9.12 was released at nginx.org. The upstream changelog is as follows:
Changes with nginx 1.9.12 — 24 Feb 2016
- ) Feature: Huffman encoding of response headers in HTTP/2. Thanks to Vlad Krasnov.
- ) Feature: the “worker_cpu_affinity” directive now supports more than 64 CPUs.
- ) Bugfix: compatibility with 3rd party C++ modules; the bug had appeared in 1.9.11. Thanks to Piotr Sikora.
- ) Bugfix: nginx could not be built statically with OpenSSL on Linux; the bug had appeared in 1.9.11.
- ) Bugfix: the “add_header … always” directive with an empty value did not delete “Last-Modified” and “ETag” header lines from error responses.
- ) Workaround: “called a function you should not call” and “shutdown while in init” messages might appear in logs when using OpenSSL 1.0.2f.
- ) Bugfix: invalid headers might be logged incorrectly.
- ) Bugfix: socket leak when using HTTP/2.
- ) Bugfix: in the ngx_http_v2_module.
These Windows install files are provided to support legacy users who still use the Cygwin based builds. Before nginx.org starting providing native Windows packages, these were the only way to run Nginx on Windows. Now, official native Windows builds are available and supported at nginx.org. Please use those if you are new to Nginx on Windows. Once again, they are fully supported and available for download at nginx.org.
Check out the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions. The answers may help you. If you have other questions that are not on the FAQ, please feel free to ask, or leave a comment, below. Thank you.
The Nginx Bundle for Windows is an easy to set up and easy to use software package consisting of Nginx, MariaDB, and PHP for the Microsoft Windows platform.